It’s time to upgrade Oracle EBS from 11i & 12.1 to 12.2
Organizations currently operating Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i or 12.1 versions must have heard about Oracle ceasing support for these versions by next December 2021. It is time to focus on upgrade to EBS12.2 or migrate to Oracle Fusion Cloud.
In this blog, we showcase the reasons to upgrade and challenges/setbacks in sustaining support.
Support Stages Offered by Oracle:
The initial support stage, which spans five years from the Oracle EBS product’s general availability. This includes general support, such as critical patch updates, security alerts and technical support, to name a few.
An optional, secondary support stage wherein customers can pay a fee to experience ‘Premier-like’ support for three additional years beyond the end of Premier Support.
The last stage of support, after Premier has ended and Extended has either expired or is no longer offered; offers technical support, access to content (e.g. critical patch updates) produced during the Premier stage, and other limited support features intended to help maintain or “sustain” a platform.
End of Support:
- It means there is no support for the current system and providing updates for an outdated product.
- Flaws will continue to remain and exposes the business to unnecessary risk
Productivity & Efficiency:
- Using the out-of-date application will restrict you to discover the new features & functionalities.
- It adversely affects the productivity and efficiency in business operations.
Challenges in Sustaining Support
- Sustaining support does not include,
- Critical Patch updates.
- New updates, fixes & security alerts.
- New tax & regulatory updates.
- Certifications with new third party products, which affects integration.
Why upgrade to 12.2
- Lifetime support policy
- Latest technology enhancements
- Online Patching
- Built on Fusion Middleware – Web logic Platform
- In-Memory enhancements to Applications
- Future innovations
Continuous Innovation release model
Oracle planned and separated the technology stack updates from application code updates. It allows customers to retain their application code level, while they are upgrading the tech stack. Customers reap the benefits of new application functionalities without disturbing their existing tech stack to the latest level. There will not be EBS release 12.3, instead 12.2.x will have the release in a continuous innovation model.
12.2 Patching Cycle – Online Patching
Benefits of upgrading to 12.2
Contact email@example.com to know more about Kaladi Consulting and for a quick demo of Oracle EBS R12 and discuss on our approach & methodology for the upgrade.